Mhai Journey Towards My Personal Growth

       

                                                             Annyeonghaseyo Yeoleobun!. 안녕하세요 여러분!

Life is full of ups and downs. I know this is a cliche, but this phrase summarizes my whole existense. Sometimes my life is fun, happy and almost enviable and at other times my life is boring, sad, uninspiring and sometimes downright disgusting. I know I am not perfect, I have never tried to be, but one thing is true- I AM WHO I AM.

I'm Myra Flor G. Cagas but preferred to be called "Mhai" or Mhai-Mhai. Currently a Guidance Counsellor's staff at Southern Leyte State University (SLSU) Main Campus.

My Journey Towards My Personal Growth.

I never really dreamed of becoming a guidance counselor. I am not so good at advising to people, or giving exact words to console/comfort someone. But I believe that by striving my weaknesses to improve myself in that area, and be the best I can ever be regardless of how impossible the task, and by pursuing it doggedly maybe I'll become ONE.

The idea of becoming a Guidance Counselor came up to my mind on one friday night out with my friends, sharing ideas about our carreer goals and wants to be in the future, and one of my friends suggest me to take up Masters in Guidance and Counselling since it is not my forte to do lecturing 8 hours straight. Taking up MAEd in Guidance and Counselling could still be of used if I will pursue in teaching. So before going to bed that night, I've research a lot about it and came up the decision to take this course. And here I am.


                                                      Chingu 친구


I know I’m no superwoman and I have no concrete plans right now, but I am on a road to discovery. I know I’m on the right track and soon enough I’ll be close to where I want to be.

I’m always looking for ways to develop my skills and learn new things not just in school but also in the community. I share ideas with my friends, we learn interesting things about one another, and I also associate myself to most of the people who lookout for ways of self improvements.

My Guiding Principle:   

This famous quote from Confucius signifies the importance of perseverance, patience, focus, and discipline. Perseverance is a vital virtue to develop in life because it is closely related to personal development. You will only improve by failing when you can learn from those experiences and move on.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A brief history of my career path

Importance of Parental Involvement in Education